GENERAL METHOD TO INSTALL CLOCKWORKMOD (CWM ) RECOVERY ON A ANDROID DEVICE
what is clockworkmod: clockworkmod popularly known as cwm is one of the most popular custom recovery for android devices. ClockworkMod was developed by Koushik Dutta
What a custom recovery does basically is to overwrite the stock recovery that comes with every device. A custom recovery also let's you perform some more advanced option that can't be done on your stock recovery such as full backup of your popularly known as nandroid backup, restore of ROM, flashing of themes, kernels etc. And the most popular use of the custom recovery is to flash both official and mostly known official OS also called ROM.
Today I will be giving you a detailed procedure on how to install cwm on your android device. Note that if your device is an mtk device then this method might not work for you.
For mtk users check out this link.
>> A rooted android device.
>> ROM manager. Download here.
how to install:
1. Download and install cwm from the link provided above.
2.launch ROM manager and select recovery setup.
3. Under "INSTALL OR UPDATE RECOVERY" select ClockworkMod Recovery.
4. You just have to wait for a couple of seconds while ROM manager tries to detect your phone model.
5. If your phone is detected then you just have to click on it and it will try to download the cwm. Make sure your data is enabled. The download size is usually below 10mb. The recovery will be automatically installed after downloading.
6. To confirm if the installation was successful, just go back to ROM manager's main menu and click on reboot into recovery.
That's it. You have just successfully installed cwm on your device.
If you have any question kindly drop it on the comment box below.
If this has been helpful, kindly share
Don't Forget to subscribe For more Updates
>>>.....Thanks for Visiting .....<<<