HOW TO ROOT ALL MTK DEVICES (ROOT, CWM AND BACKUP)
Gaining root access on mtk deviceis very easy and less complicated compared to other android chipsets. But with the introduction of some new chipsets and devices such as the infinix zero, rooting of mtk devices have not been easy.
Today I will be sharing a universal method of rooting all mtk devices. This procedure is a bit lengthy but it wouldn’t only grant you root access, you will also be creating cwm and also an mtk backup of your rom.
==> Adb drivers. download here
==> Mtk droid tools. Download here.
==> Usb cable.
==> A windows pc.
WITH ALL THAT IN PLACE, LETS GET STARTED:
1. Launch mtk droid tools and wait while it loads up your device information.
2. Click on block maps,
3. In the block info window, click on “create scatter file” (save it preferably on the desktop) and minimize the mtk droid tools.
4. Launch sp flashtool, click on scatter loading and select the scatter file you created earlier.
5. Click on the readback tab and select add.
6. Double click on the blue bar and select the folder where you want to save the rom. *preferably the desktop*.
Note: the name must start with ROM_.
7. In the next pop up window, make sure you select type as “hex”, the start address must be “0x000000”.
8. For the length, open the mtk droid tools, click on blocks map and copy the last 8 alphanumeric after the first two zeros and paste it in the length box. “
N.B: it must begin with 0x”
N.B: it must begin with 0x”
9. Now disconnect your phone and switch it off. (on most devices you have to remove your battery)
10. Click on readback and connect your device back to the pc.
11. Just wait while sp flash tool completes the readback process. This may take a couple of minutes depending on the size of your rom. So you have to be patient.
12. Once the readback process is completed you should see a green circle. So just disconnect your phone.
13. Open mtk droid tool, click on the root backup recovery tab and select “to process file rom from flashtool.
14. Go to your desktop and select “ROM_0 “Depending on the name you saved it with and open.
16. Wait while the all files are copied.
17. To locate the created cwm recovery, open mtk droid tools folder click on backups and open the folder that has the name of your device.
18. Now you will see two recoveries in the folder. The “factory_NONmodified_recovery” and the one that starts with your device name.
19. Copy the one that starts with your device name “preferably to the desktop and open spflashtool”
20. Load the scatter file you used earlier, check only recovery, click on the path and select the recovery file you copied.
21. Now power off your device as you did earlier, click on download and insert your usb cable. Then you should see a green circle after the process is completed.
22. Now once the process is completed, power on your device and connect your phone to your pc as usb mass storage.
23. Now go to this link and download super su.zip.
24. Copy the downloaded file to the root directory of your external sd card (or you can use your internal sd card if you don’t have an external.
25. Now reboot your device into recovery.
26. Select install zip from sd card and select “Update_supersu.zip”
27. If the zip is successfully installed then you now have root access.
28. Just reboot your device.
CONGRATULATION!! You have successfully rooted your device.
If you encounter ant problem with the steps above, kindly drop your questions in the comment box below.
If this tutorial has been helpful kindly share
Don’t forget to subscribe for more updates
>>>…..Thanks For Visiting…..<<<